Friday, February 04, 2005

This week update...

I just got back from the ski class... I love it. I mean I've never had so much fun. There is this really first level slope which is called "bunny slope". After practicing the basics of knowing the equipment and taking big turns(to slow down) last week, on a tiny hill, we went on the bunny slope this week. I loved the speed and it was super exciting. I fell couple of times but who cares?(My butt hurts though!) I should try to convince my professional friends to come with me next week so we can stay longer. I couldn't believe how fast time passed this week. Almost didn't want to come home when class was over.

The Arabic class is also fun. My reading and writing is good but listening wise I am behind and my pronunciation is just funny. My Persian accent is really funny and it is hard to change because the alphabet is the same(we have all of them in Farsi+ 4 more) but the way we pronounce them is very different. I have to study a lot this weekend memorizing about 1600 words(I am sure I already know half of it) and review the grammar parts to catch up with the rest of the class.

Research is fine..Slow but fine and I am so enjoying not having any courses this semester. Socializing wise, I just need to meet new people and throw a party soon. I have met three interesting girls in my ski class so far from Turkey, Greece and Brazil. I liked it this week. How was your week?

3 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Mo said...

I did hell of snowboarding this week too, well, on my new XBOX!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Hey, how are you doing? I miss all my blog friends. :( Hope I can start soon again... I almost found a motivation to start writing again, but it seems I have lost it... anyway, I'm glad that you are still writing. :) say hi to Kabeh please.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger David said...

I have been to two places for sking. One was in Arizona and the other was in New Mexico. Both places were high in the mountains. However, I visited these places in the summer time. They were beautiful with a lot of tall trees, but instead of snow, there was green grass. Your "bunny slope" sounds like a lot of fun! :) I'm glad that you are having a good time.

Do you have some Arabic speaking friends? Maybe they could help you with your listening and pronunciation.

I am curious, what is your research about?

How was my week? Well, I haven't done anything really exciting. I am working on building an outdoor staircase. I repaired a hole in an interior wall and ceiling. I learned to work with a new concrete material called non-shrink grout when I patched a hole in a concrete slab. I hope that I'm not boring you. :) I guess that most of my fun comes from blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home