Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A piece from the past

I thought this might be interesting to you. This is how I used to go to school in undergrad or basically all my school years. Can you find me in the picture? I am the second from right in the front row. You see that some of the girls are wearing long veils? Those are more religious people. In my school however, all of us had to wear those until my junior year when they changed the rules. The attire that I am wearing is sort of the official formal dress code for women in Iran. If you want to go to work or school you have to be like this. But you can easily see girls like these in the streets of Tehran and other big cities of Iran. The woman standing 5th from left in the front row is our professor.

6 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Mo said...

That reminds me the "good" old days, when we were in trouble just for talking to girls! Taking picture with them, even with all sort of veils, was not even in our minds: it was too dangerous!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess in comparison to Afghanistan, these women do enjoy some sort of a freedom!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Mo said...

"sort of a freedom" is not good enough, not good at all.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was exactly my point Mo. We've reached to a point that we post these pictures to show the world that its not that bad. Well compared to what? to some dismal place like Afghanistan or Arabs.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Once again, 'sad but true'. Sorry guys I keep saying it. Well, it is the story of our lives I guess.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger David said...

Pantea, it is quite amazing that all the boys look very western and all the girls look almost like nuns. I am a little surprised that you had boys and girls in the same class. Your picture is so small, but I can tell that it is you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home