Sunday, September 04, 2005

Save the Precious Archeological Sites of Pasargad in Iran

Please sign the petition and let others know about it as well. This is not only Iranians' problem. The history of Persia is part of man kind history. Help us save it.

"We, the undersigned, regretfully have to inform all the inhabitants of our planet earth that one of the greatest parts of the historical heritage of human race is on the verge of permanent extinction. The Islamic Republic of Iran has embarked on the finalizing stages of a dam construction in south of Iran that will ultimately drown the archeological sites of Pasargad and Persepolice, the ancient capital of the Archimedean Empire – a rich and complex site that, since its inception, has been considered by all writers of antiquity as one of the wonders of the ancient world and, thus, a part of the cultural heritage of the human race..."

2 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger David said...

Pantea,
Thanks for updating the link, it worked fine. I have added my name to the petition. I have seen photographs of Cyrus the Great's tomb and Persepolis. Someday, I would really like to visit these treasures of history. I can't imagine the callousness of anybody who would want to flood these places behind a dam! I hope that they are stopped.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger David said...

Hello again Pantea joon :)
I just read your comment at my blog. I will be glad to try and help you to raise awareness of this petition. Perhaps I will write a post about it. I will think about it and try to do something in the next few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home