Thursday, July 21, 2005

Aishwarya Rai






Aishwarya Rai

I got to know Aishwarya Rai in 1994 when she was crowned as Miss World 1994. After that I didn't hear from her but always remembered her beauty. Then I came to U.S. and a friend from Nepal was searching for her pictures...The other day even my uncle(who is about 40 living in CA) was talking about her. I read about her in Cannes film festival and read news that she's started working with western film industry...Last night I did an extensive google search about her...The more I read the more I got interested. She has an original beauty that is not affected by Hollywood's blond cliche and seems like a smart woman. She has been in 60 minute and Oprah shows and has turned down a role in Troy. I think we will hear more from her in the near future.

9 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger David said...

I saw her interview on 60 Minutes. I was very impressed by her. She is indeed quite beautiful, but she is also very funny and intelligent. She talked about the many movies that she made in India. Movies there are very different from Hollywood movies. In Indian movies, there isn't much violence or sexual expression. The movies are all musicals with a lot of singing. If it seems in the story that the characters are about to make love, everyone just starts singing. Aishwarya going to Hollywood is like a very gentle little fish being thrown into a pool of hungry sharks! I am not sure that she will like Hollywood, but it all depends on what sort of people she gets involved with there. Maybe she could do a comedy with Tom Hanks with Ron Howard directing. I think that she would enjoy working with those two.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Mo said...

Hi Pantea. I am pretty and intelligent too. Why don't you write a post on me? @:-)

Actually I'm even better: I never had an interview with Oprah *LOL*

Have a great weekend.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Afternoon Latte said...

You found a pretty picture of her!!!!
Was very surprised to find a pic of her on your blog and even an entry about her....
I used to be a big fan of hers when she was a model 'cos she is just so perfect-looking....so I was very excited when she decided to become an actress...however she has an awful shrieking way of acting which is very annoying....
I saw the two interviews you mentioned but I came away with the impression that she potrayed herself as a silly giggling girl.....good to know that others didn't think this way....
I just thought she didn't do a good job at all of representing the Indian women of today....she was far more sensible when she won the Miss World....
Ok this comment is now longer than your entry....sorry about that....
Gorbunet beram....
Yashoda....

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.aishwaryaraiworld.org/
good site

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool site

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool site

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool site

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have good content than mine
Aishwarya rai in bikini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home