Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I got this morning off and I think it has been the best thing I have done recently. I actually took last night off as well and talked to a new friend that I have found through my persian blog and to a very dear friend that I got to find two years ago when he was getting his MEng here. I was gonna go to SD to see him but seems impossible now. We might not agree on every issue we talk about but we are surely very good support for each other. It's good to have friends.

Juge doesn't like the smell of nail polish. If you don't want him to play with your fingers that's one way:)

Juge and I will miss aunti koozeh joon. She and the beloved boyfriend will be gone for 10 days. It's long. I am thinking of inviting all the ones who are around to my place for the thanksgiving day. The problem is that it seems such a huge cooking event and I _as you probably know_ have zero interest and skill in cooking. But I can help if somebody is willing to lead the process.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to have friends. :) I am glad that you enjoyed talking to your friends last night.

My cat used to hate the smell of citrus: oranges, grapefruit, etc. One time I put my plate with an orange peel on the floor for him to investigate. He walked over, very curious, and sniffed it. He backed up really fast, wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes. I could tell that he hated it. Then he took his paw and tried to bury it, as if he was in his litter box. That was really funny!

In my family, Thanksgiving has always been a big cooking event. There were always many things to bake: turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, vegetables, pies, breads, etc. Some of the first cooking that I ever did was helping my mother prepare for Thanksgiving. Now, every year, there is a big family gathering of my many relatives who live in and near Indianapolis. Each of my relatives brings something. Its like pot luck, sort of. I always bring some of my banana bread. It seems to be a favorite, as there is never any left over. I know that in Persian culture hospitality is very important, but maybe you could ask all of your guests to bring something to your Thanksgiving party. It would make things a lot easier for you and it would give everyone a mission to bring something that will please everyone else. :)

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home