Monday, November 08, 2004

Can I complain?

I am sitting in the library. Very comfy chairs indeed and for once it is not ridiculously cold. But here is the list of works I have to do:

There is this literature review about equity which seems endless. I have been reading since I don't remember when...I am making little progress. Told advisor that I will make a summary ready for today. As you might guess it is not ready yet so I am sitting in Uris library and I told myself that I will be here until I get it done. So I might be here for quite some time.

I have forgotten my laptop cord which is the most stupid mistake but this is because I woke up late and stormed out of the house very fast and then realized that Gannett appointment was at 9 not 10 am( it is CU health center).

The advisor is having this class that she basically makes us give lectures. I have had 3 so far and she is making us do one more...aaargh...I hate it. Seems pointless to me. And we have to design homework! I have to meet my team mate at most by tomorrow...She is probably already mad at me for disappearing from earth to library but I have to finish this research thing before I can start anything else.

I finally finished a homework which was due a century ago this weekend! But the problem is that it has been so over due that I feel ashamed to submit it. I will leave it to you to guess which class it belongs to.

And finally there is this simulation class that I have to do a reading assignment and a HW due on Friday but has to be done with the project team. Although I didn't do a great job in the prelim this has been the least of my worries this semester. I will end up with an A in that class for sure.

Oh, and just to make sure that I have absolute zero time left I have got this Spanish tutor which I have to do tones of work for+ being poor cause I had to cut off my eating cost to be able to pay for it...bye bye luxury ten dollar burger at Stella's...Hello Chinese food. If you want to charity some lunch or dinner I know a poor graduate student who would be very happy:)

Anything else? Oh, I need to go t gym...

OK, if you have read all this I owe you thanks. I feel better and can go to work now. Thanks for listening.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always read everything that you write, Pantea. :) Does your advisor think that you want to be a professor someday? That is probably why she is making you give lectures. Please don't be ashamed to turn in your homework. I think that your professor will understand that you have been through a difficult period in the last year. Wow! I never heard of a $10.00 hamburger. It must be really special. :) I bake a really good banana bread. I would be glad to send you some, but I am not sure how long it will stay fresh. I would be happy to send you the recipe, though, if you are interested. Have a good workout at the gym.

David

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Anar said...

David,

The recipe won't probably help me. But I might be able to bribe koozeh joon to bake it. You know that I really get board with baking, cooking plus my skills are so low that it turns out to be a total waste of ingredients. I turned in my hw. and decided to come home since it started snowing and I thought it is safer to be in my warm place. I don't know what my advisor is thinking but whatever it is I don't like the result.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Pantea joon - this too shall pass!!!!
lalunadiosa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home