Friday, April 29, 2005

Happy Dance Day!

Today is the International Dance Day. I am celebrating it by watching the annual belly dancing performance at Cornell. I watched the performance the first year I was here and loved it. I think this a day to celebrate. As it says in this text:

"Dance is the original most ancient form of human expression. Through the body and physical language, dance has a powerful connection with the emotional and spiritual worlds. In traditional Aboriginal culture, dance is the core, like a kind of sacred medicine. Dance is grounded, connected to the spirit of Mother Earth."

so whether you are a professional dancer, or a regular person who enjoys dancing or somebody who just enjoys watching it as a form art, got out there and celebrate it today as people have been celebrating it through out the world this week, the international dance week, April 22-May1.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger David said...

Thank for the Happy Dance Day wishes! :) I really like belly dancing, too. It is a very beautiful and sensual form of dance. I used to really like to dance. However, I haven't done any dancing in the past 15 years, or so. I would like to dance again, but I have to find a dancing partner first. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home