Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What does 8th of March mean in Iran?

What does 8th of March mean in Iran?


Well, I don't totally agree with his point of view especially when he talks about "a strong international effort in the defense of women's rights " in a sense that I think this was the least of the reasons for these wars. Moreover, I don't necessarily agree that the fact that feminism is not popular among Iranians is totally because of their lack of understanding of this movement but partially because of how some feminists choose to communicate their message which in fact is a very anti-men language.
mentioning above, I think it is worth reading. enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pantea
Thanks for the link.I appriciate your comments my article,But as you might already know I am not leaving in Iran and I hate to judge Iranians while I am not living there,What I wrote there was what I had heard from women rights activists in Iran and some other bloggers like Farnaz and Golanz which proves the fact that feminism is still a Taboo amongst some Iranian women.Of course I didnt include the new educated generation who are really fighting for their very own rights and are proudly a feminist.
Thanks again ;)Feministguy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home