Monday, February 28, 2005

Is it just me who finds this recent intensive focus on Syria odd? I even read in news that Israel attributed a suicide bombing to Syria couple of days ago...oh and by the way, what happened to Bin laden and Saddam?Maybe it's time for Bin laden to start getting nominated for some director/actor award thing. Even Bush won something. When is Saddam's trial? How is it gonna be held? Where is he now?

Do I need to mention that I am worried that United States might attack Iran? I mean a couple of months before attacking Iraq everyone believed that it is just not possible. I am just afraid.

I have found a new hobby. I go to Aljazeera news press Arabic section and try to understand the news. Its fun. Keeps me motivated.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am worried too. They are currently in the process of decision-making, it seems.

Babak

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger David said...

Syria does seem to be the favorite Boogie Man in the news lately. I think that right now there is a lot of U.S. pressure to blame Syria, especially for bombings in Israel, because every suicide attack there threatens to destroy negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. Bush doesn't talk about Bin Laden because he doesn't want to remind people of his failures.

I heard on the radio, a few days ago, that some Bush assistant said that the U.S. was going to give the Europeans until June to negotiate with Iran. Well, the former weapon's inspector Scott Ritter recently said that Bush had signed orders to attack Iran in June. Today the radio said that the U.S. was going to join with the Europeans in offering Iran incentives to give up its nuclear bomb program. I am not sure what the master manipulators in the White House are up to, but, it seems like something might happen in June. I am worried, also.

I am glad to hear that you are having some fun. :)

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right when you say the pressure is on Syria. I can't predict the future and I'm not a conspiracy theorists, but thinks are happening in very mysterious ways lately.
1/ terror of Hariri and everybody including the US, Israel and Lebanese themselves blamed Syrians, which by the way it does not make sense for Syria to kill someone and then get all the blames.
2/ the suicide bombing in Israel. Again Syria was blamed, even though a Palestinian group accepted the responsibilities.
So it looks like Iran is off the hook for now and the pressure is on Syria. Considering the level of repression within the Syrian society, we might see some very interesting news coming out of Syria very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home