Friday, March 25, 2005

I am getting crazy. My younger sister(21) is visiting from Iran. She has her TOEFL exam tomorrow so I really didn't want to disturb her regular routine the past week while she was studying...Now my house looks like Hiroshima after the nuclear bomb and she listens to music 24/7. I escaped from home to my office to have some silent time...My Chinese office mate is talking to her wife in Chinese while listening to music. I have nothing against any of these individually but I just need a moment for myself...In silence!

3 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger David said...

Koozeh mentioned that your younger sister would be visiting. I hope that the three of you are having some fun together amid the chaos. :)

I am familiar with the TOEFL exam. When I was an undergraduate, I had a very fun job as a conversation partner for international students who were learning English before they could start regular classes. They told me about the exam so I got interested and signed up to take it myself. I scored pretty high (no surprise), but not perfect. Apparently, even my English skills could use a bit of improvement. :)

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Sometimes it is hard to find a place for "a moment for myself". *smile*

Your post reminds me a short story by Katherine Mansfield: Life of Ma Parker. Although it is way different from your situation, the ending is kind of similar: looking for a place to be alone, just for a moment. I should write about it. Thank you for giving me the idea!! :-)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Gilda said...

Naazi;) I hope your siter did great on TOEFL! It's easy:) I can't do work while music is playing, specially if it is someone else's music. I have a small room too and you are certainly welcome:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home