Monday, January 17, 2005

Sirlion Roast with Morel Mushrooms

Those who know me in person are well aware that I never cook or at least what I do in the kitchen is limited to a verity of sunny side up eggs or omelets with different types of cheese , pepper and mushroom , a 5 minute steak grilling thanks to this, and Shake N' Bake chicken which takes no more than 15 minutes total. I learned how to make pasta but gave up after gaining weight. So if you come to my place and I make something more than tea you are guaranteed to have a special place in my heart.

Given above I have cooked couple of times for koozeh. It has usually been something from the menu I just described. This week however, I went way beyond my normal routine. I saw this recipe in our local grocery store, Wegmans, with the same title as this post. The picture seemed really tempting and I thought how hard could it be given that I am cooking steak a few times every week?...So I bought all the material which even included white wine and told koozeh that I will cook for them. Today I cooked but I made sure she is standing there helping me understand the recipe...I think it turned out OK. It took about 1.5 hours. Definitely nothing that I want to do everyday but I think I can do it once in while if there is someone that special. After all I am always up for learning new things even in cooking.

Here is the recipe in case you are curious.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Koozeh Banoo said...

the food was just excellent even for someone who cooks regularly! the only problem with it was that already-packaged sauce you added. I think we caan search the web and make a sauce/gravy from scratch next time that would taste more like home made. The meat was really tender and nice. I loved it.

and thank you very much for cooking for me. I really appreciate it :)

Love,
koozeh

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Anar said...

yeah! I think the sauce was the main problem. Very commercial taste.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger David said...

Your dinner sounds really delicious. Pantea! You are making me hungry! :) I looked at the Wegmans link. Those employees seem so happy. They must love Wegmans! I have never seen a Wegmans store. I guess that they are only in your part of the country. What does Juge do when you are cooking? My cat liked to watch me cook. I think that he enjoyed the smells and the sounds.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Anar said...

David,

I don't know really. I guess I haven't cooked enough number of times to have enough data. will pay more attention to Juge next time:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home