Monday, January 17, 2005

The king left

Mo's corner: Happily Ever After?

My friend Mo is describing the day Iran's last king left the country in 1979. I couldn't agree more with the last paragraph...Sad yet awfully true. I just want to add one point. I still think that it was a right movement. I believe that Iran is at least those 25 years of revolution ahead of its Muslim neighbors whose people still think that having an Islamic government is the solution to all their problems. At least we have passed that phase. At least my generation, the burnt sacrificed generation, and those coming after us are not afraid of questioning religion.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger David said...

I left Mo a comment, Pantea. I agree with you that the idea of a democratic revolution in Iran was a good one. Unfortunately, the revolution was hijacked and taken in a very undemocratic direction.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Mo said...

Thank you for your interest in my post. I also think it was an honest and pure step toward democrasy, but a good step followed by hundreds and hundreds of wrong-doings. The aftermath was not the one that people wanted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home