Sunday, January 16, 2005

How Important is it?

Well, I have asked the same question in my Farsi blog but I want to know your opinions too. How important is it to marry with love? By love I mean the passion that you feel for someone and there is nothing like it. Is it worth rejecting the opportunities who seem really good but you just don't feel anything special? Like you don't have the passion? The thing is that this passion will subside after a while and if the couple is lucky it will transform to something deeper and calmer. So how important do you think it should be? Well, considering that you only live once and life is short!

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger David said...

Pantea, I think that this is an ages old question. To me, passion is important, but as you said, it subsides with the passage of time. I think that friendship is actually more important. I believe that couples who stay married for life are also each other's best friends. Of course, being best friends doesn't mean that the passion is completely gone. :)

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Mo said...

First of all, believe me, marriage is the most important decision you make for your life. I think love is necessary but not sufficient. I do NOT believe in arrangement [khaastegaari]. I think the best way is to have your partner first as a boyfriend for a couple of years. If everything goes well, then you guys can go ahead and get married. Remember, getting married is just the beginning, living with another person is quite a challenge. It takes lots of energy, although if he is Mr. right, it is worth it. I agree with David about friendship, but again emphesize that keeping a relationship alive, needs lots of attention. At the end, what do you mean by "life is short"? How old are you, 100? You are very young and still have plenty of time. Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home