Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Summer life

I am so proud of myself. I finished reading the book: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Everyone seemed to have read it except me. My friend moon goddess, who is a professional reader, told me that it is a classic. I loved it. But most of my happiness is that for the first time I really felt the advantage of knowing a second language. If I didn't know English I could never read this book. This though gave me the motivation of learning a third one. What do you think of Spanish? I am also happy because I used to read a lot when I was back home but here, since studying in English was hard by itself I really couldn't read English books and obviously there were no Farsi books around. I was really feeling that my brain is rusty. Now, my brain is really happy. I will start The Picture of Dorian Gray tonight. Also have to read about American history...Any suggestions of a fun and informative book? I was thinking of American History for Dummies :)

OK...Have to go read some papers. I haven't worked in SD at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home