Monday, June 14, 2004

I am back!

I had a great time. I really needed the break. I spent the first week window shopping, sleeping and eating Persian cuisine. In the second week I visited the wild animal park, the sea world and the Balboa park. Here are the things that I have learned about animals: elephants and rhinoceros have delicate skins. That's why they put a lot of mud on themselves. It apparently works as a sun protection cream for them. African elephants have bigger ears than Asian elephants and their trunk has two fingers rather than Asian ones which have one. It takes two years to deliver a baby elephant. A giraffe's tongue is grey and is as long in inches as the animal is tall in feet. For example if the animal is 12 feet then the tongue would be 12 inches. There are 17 kinds of penguins out there and not all of them live in the cold weather. Some of them are small and live in Chili and Peru and can easily live in an environment like San Diego. (temperature wise)A shark bites you because it can not touch you. It senses the movement in the water then bites you and sees that you are all bony and you are probably not the seal he was looking for so it releases you.(My conclusion: The heavier you get the better chance you would taste like a seal and get eaten up by a shark...stay fit). Also, I watched elephant shows, fed a giraffe, touched penguins, held a sea star(alive!), watched sharks and whales from underwater tunnels and heard birds talking and singing. Believe it or not one of the parrot's name was Pantea. He was quite a good singer. I will post pictures if I can learn how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home